Monday, December 11, 2006

I Will Buy Pink

Yippee! I am the proud aunt of a beautiful new niece. Ok, I haven't met her yet but I know she's beautiful. For those of you keeping track of such things, PKBS gave birth this morning by c-section to a healthy baby girl at 7:56 am. She weighed 8 lbs. 9.2 oz.

I want to rush right out to the store and buy everything pink I can find, but I'll have to try to contain myself. I was hoping for a girl. Besides the new little angel, PK and I have 2 nephews and another niece (but she is in college and as far as I can tell, pink frilly things are not the latest style around campus).

I love being an aunt, especially when I know how much CT looks up to all his aunts and uncles. It's a great way to have incredible influence, but very little real responsibility. In fact, I highly recommend being an aunt or uncle. If you happen to be an only child and married to another only child, then I suggest you make yourself an honorary aunt or uncle to someone else's kid. It is advisable to pick a child you actually know. I think it is frowned upon to pick up some stranger's kid and insist they call you "Uncle Doug". Anyway, be an aunt or uncle and buy pink (or remote control cars). It is incredibly gratifying without the pain of childbirth or paying for college.

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,

No comments: