Thursday, January 04, 2007

Crafty Resolutions

In the interest of bettering myself this year, I've come up with a few crafty resolutions for 2007:

  1. Finish knitting the never-ending scarf before next Christmas.
    I have high hopes this will happen, but not without great effort and fortitude on my part. I seem to have made the scarf too wide in an effort to make it look less feminine. As PK pointed out last night, it is now big enough to serve as a baby blanket....not the affect I was going for.

  2. Begin and complete baby knitting project for SHAO before baby arrives in spring.
    This is a very lofty goal considering resolution #1. However, I think I can avoid utter failure by amending this goal to complete the project before I see the baby. Since, SHAO has moved quite a bit further from my home and we only see eachother once or twice a year, this can probably be accomplished.

  3. Begin scrapping CT's baby book.
    My goal is to complete the book by the time the kid graduates high school. Better late than never.

  4. Knit myself a new scarf and mittens to match my new coat.
    I hope I can do this before winter is over if I avoid the too wide mistake, but I'll settle for finishing it before next winter.

  5. Begin scrapping PK's Marine Corps book.
    This will depend on PK and his willingness to help gather the appropriate materials.

  6. Make birthday cards for every one of my friends and co-workers this year.
    I've already started by meticulously writing each birthday in my new planner. However, I fear February will prove to be my biggest challenge. It contains 12 birthdays including PK's and CT's.

  7. Make Thank You cards and use them often.
    I want to make my friends and family know how much I appreciate them this year. A worthy, but difficult task to keep on top of.

These are the major projects I hope to make progress on this year. As with most New Year's resolutions, I'm sure some will be broken. But I tried to make them realistic so maybe I have a fighting chance this year.

I wish you all the best of luck with your own resolutions this year. And remember the Mexican proverb: "A good resolution is like an old horse, which is often saddled but rarely ridden." I'm not really sure what that means, but it sounds profound.



Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: