Friday, January 26, 2007

Mimosa Anyone?

The worst part about drinking alcohol in the morning is that you have a hangover in the afternoon. That's what I learned last weekend at our Stamp Club Calendar Exchange and Brunch. I don't usually drink at all and I've never had a mimosa before. So, when another gal in our group volunteered to drive. I decided I'd give it a try....orange juice and champagne....how festive!

The exchange was a great success and once again, I'm excited to hang these pieces of art in my little cubicle. It makes me happy to look at them and who couldn't use a little happiness when they're stuck in a gray cube all day? The food was fabulous at the brunch, which was held at a club member's home. We each brought something to contribute and everything was delicious. I ate until my jeans were uncomfortable. But my favorite thing was the mimosa. It was served in a pretty champagne glass and looked beautiful sitting next to a large crystal bowl of fresh fruit. Is it weird to say that food looked "beautiful"? Good food is a lot like art, so I think it's an apt description. Anyway, I loved being surrounded by these very diverse and very amazing, artistic women drinking mimosas and studying the SU! catalog. It was a nice little escape from my usual hectic weekend.

For the calendar exchange, I was assigned April and November. Here are a couple of photos of my work:


Look very closely and you may be able to see the broken glass technique I used on this November page.


I came home and went straight to bed after the brunch. I woke up very cranky with a really bad headache. So, as much as I loved the mimosa, I don't think I'll make it a part of my regular breakfast routine. Although, after the day I had at work yesterday, a mimosa is sounding really good this morning!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , ,

No comments: