Tuesday, May 15, 2007

No crafts, no photos, no link...just a boring blog update

Well, I've started my new position at work yesterday. It's a little like being in a foreign country and not knowing what's going on around you. With all the foreign languages I've worked with over the past 6 years, I'm still having a lot of trouble with Marketing dialect. I guess that will come with time. The job has been a little boring so far. Like every time you start a new job, no one has assigned me work yet. The bright side is that I have time to update y'all on my blog! PK did manage to get himself a sizable raise this week and, as he so kindly pointed out, he makes more than me, once again.....not that it's a competition or anything.

We began building our deck this weekend with the help of all PK's family. I'll spare you the long list of injuries incurred. Rest assured that our insurance premiums did rise dramatically as there were no trips to the emergency room. That makes the weekend a success in my opinion. The deck is not complete, however, and there's still plenty of time for stitches and x-rays to become a necessity. We did manage to complete about 3/4 of the work (saving the most difficult 1/4 for PK do manage on his own...obviously, I was not involved in the planning). Anyway, while the men worked the women went shopping (we also prepared meals, so the rumors of our laziness are greatly exaggerated.....ok, we ordered pizza and headed to the mall, but I really, really needed new clothes for the new job, right?).

Since PK's family was visiting, got to spend a lot of time with my new little niece. She's 4 months old now and is such a good baby. She is smiling and happy a majority of the time and I'm pretty certain I'm her favorite aunt (that's short a as in "ant". All the other sisters-in-law are "onts"). Also due to the family visit and the deck marathon, PK "forgot" to acknowledge Mother's Day (I did make sure he hugged his own mother and CT and I prepared a gift for her). Anyway, I was a little irritated by his lack of appreciation for the mother of his child. He kept saying "You got a deck". I'm sorry, but that's not a really a fair defense. We would have gotten the deck anyway. Not that I wanted a gift or anything....just a card would have been thoughtful. It took him several hours before he finally even said "Happy Mother's Day" and only then because I reminded him. For his part, CT presented me with a lovely hand-painted pot with a cute little flower along with a very sweet card he made himself at school (I should have taken a photo to post, but I haven't yet). Luckily, he didn't learn his chivalry from his father. PK has managed to redeem himself. This morning in my car, I found a beautiful lucky bamboo plant for my new desk. It was a very sweet peace offering, so he's out of the proverbial dog house for now.

Tonight we meet with the beginning band instructors because CT has decided to play the trumpet in the school band next year. I'm a little worried about his commitment level. He tends to give up on things that do not come easily to him. To be honest, he talent also leads me to believe that this is a short-lived activity. He was just awful at the recorder and constantly received bad grades in music because of his "squeaking". He didn't feel motivated to practice very much either. After several motherly lectures on the importance of responsibility and the amount of practice time required for this endeavor, CT still insists that the trumpet is for him. I'm never one to stand in the way of the arts, so we've agreed to at least meet with the band instructors.

Well, as you can see I've had very little times for crafty pursuits, but I do need to get started this weekend on swaps needed for the Stampin' Up! convention in July. I'll have to squeeze it in between staining the remaining deck pieces.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ant k, Your vivacious neice is 5 months ALREADY. And starting to learn bratty behavers.
Shopping was helping with the deck we were not there to say why are you doing it that way and not this way.It was just better to stay out of the way.

Freddie L Sirmans, Sr. said...

Just browsing the net, very interesting.