- 6:20 a.m. - Woke up 15 minutes late
- 6:40 a.m. - Rushed around to get CT ready to go to day camp
- 6:55 a.m. - Rushed so much that when I arrived at day camp, I was too early and it wasn't open yet
- 7:02 a.m. - Realized that my shoes already hurt my feet
- 7:20 a.m. - Realized that I forgot to make a promised call to a friend about feeding the devil cat while I'm on vacation next week
- 7:35 a.m. - Arrived late to work despite being early to drop CT off....there must be a rupture somewhere in the space-time continuum, because I don't think this is even possible
- 7:45 a.m. - Realized that in my rush that I forgot to brush my hair this morning....serious bed-head
- 7:50 a.m. - Explained hair situation to boss....she has no solution and won't let me go home
- 8:00 a.m. - Realized that I am out of Diet Coke at work and I have to shell out a whole $1.25 to get one from the machine
- 8:01 a.m. - Found $1 for Diet Coke, but can't find a stupid quarter anywhere
- 8:05 a.m. - Went to get change from front desk for Diet Coke, but receptionist is late this morning
- 8:15 a.m. - Rushed to meeting (Diet Coke in hand...finally!) with boss at a co-workers cubicle just about 10 cubes and a couple of rows over from my cube
- 8:40 a.m. - Walked away from meeting with boss trailing behind me, but discovered that I'm lost and cry out "Where am I?" to which the surrounding 10 cubicles erupt in a fit of laughter and my boss responds "Kelly, you are on a planet earth. It's real nice and you might consider staying awhile." I would prefer not to stick around, thank you very much.
And it's not even 9:00 yet.
Ok, so it's not an awful day yet. My car is still running and I rolled the windows up before the rain started. But my brain is so busy these days that every little road block just exasperates me. It's going to be a long day.
bad day, rush, late, running late, hairbrush, bad morning