Friday, November 17, 2006

LB's Wedding

The wedding was beautiful. It took place at a mansion in a place that looked like it was straight out of Gone with the Wind. It was short, which was great for a certain little wiggle-worm of a groomsman. And just like that, my little brother was hitched. Hard to believe he's all grown up and starting family of his own.

The reception was absolutely wonderful. The food was excellent. They even had something similar to lefsa (Norwegian family get-together food for those not from the 10,000 lakes area). The yankees and hicks seemed to mingle well together and everyone seemed to have a good time. Like every wedding, there was a half-dressed drunk girl that had to be carried out by two of LB's army buddies, but other than that everyone behaved themselves.

Here's a photo of the happy couple:



They are beautiful, happy and in love. Sorry, you'll have to take my word for it.










Here's a photo of me showing off my flip-flops that my sister-in-law gave me as a bridesmaid gift:










These were a great gift for showing off our new dance moves all night. (See post Slow, Slow, Quick, Quick)










Here's a photo of my Scarlett O'Hara hair:




My sister-in-law was so sweet to indulge my fantasy hair. I could never accomplish this on my own.









We had a wonderful trip, but as expected I managed to get myself sick (luckily not until after the wedding). You would think I always invite Mr. Flu on vacation with me. At least Flu does not require a separate plane ticket! This time I blame it on my step-mother and PK who began getting sick a couple of days before me.

I suppose now that she's family, my sister-in-law needs her own blog pseudonym....I'm open to suggestions. Post your sister-in-law pseudonym ideas as a comment and I'll pick the best one.

Technorati Tags:
, , , , , , , ,


No comments: