Thursday, March 01, 2007

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Today, PK and I are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. It sure doesn't seem like 10 years....at least it doesn't seem like it until I look at our old photos and see myself with no gray hair and 30 pounds lighter.

We were going to celebrate by going to our weekly Russian class, but the snow has detoured our plans and now we'll probably be stuck in all night. I missed last week's class because I was sick. So far, I have really enjoyed the class, but I don't think I'll be a fluent speaker anytime soon. PK, on the other hand, seems to have really taken to the material and studies quite a bit more than me. He's getting pretty good...at least as far as I can tell. I'll just muddle through. Afterall, he suffered through ballroom dance lessons with no rhythm and two left feet. It's only fair that he gets to be better at something....it's not like it happens very often or anything. Not that our marriage is competitive, but I do feel obliged to point out that I soundly defeated him at laser tag last weekend.....just for those who are keeping score here. So what if he can say "Excuse me, do you have the time?" on the streets of Moscow. I can hunt him down in the dark and shoot him with a laser pointer....I rest my case.

And that, my friends, is the key to our happy marriage.....I am always better than he is. OK, OK, he's pretty cute too....and a great kisser....and he brings me chocolate....and he always at least pretends to appreciate my craft projects....etc., etc. OK, fine, I can admit it.....the truth is, the secret to our happy marriage is that he puts up with me.

Happy Anniversary PK!

Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

No comments: