Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Blog Drought

So, I've been neglecting my blog a little bit. I have so much going on right now that I'm emotionally drained at the end of every day. I just don't have anything else to give. I feel like my brain is running around in circles trying to remember everything, do everything and be everything. Too bad my body can't keep up with my brain's fitness program! Anyway, lately I've just been so worn out that I don't have the energy for sarcasm and dry wit. Thus, the blog suffers.

Things on KellyFaith's mind that makes her tired and boring:
  • New deck - purchased with tax refunds and being built by PK (with a little help from the rest of the family).
  • Constantly scheduling time to work on the deck, inspections, helpers, etc. Desperately trying to stay on schedule to the complete irritation of PK. I just don't want this to be another project that lasts months or even years (Note: remind me tell the bathroom story)
  • Already planning a deck-warming party....but better plan the less-glamorous Deck-Build-A-Thon planned for all of our friends and family planned for Mother's Day weekend.
  • School's almost out and the last day of daycare is imminent. I have CT's entire summer full of amps and vacations, but still nothing for the first 2 weeks after school is out. There seems to be nothing available. We may have to fall back on the emergency daycare, but are limited to only 13 days per year.
  • I have been interviewing and have finally gotten a new position at work....big promotion. I'm ecstatic about the success, but doubting my abilities. Going from a position where I am generally considered the expert to a position where I'm starting all over is a little stressful.
  • The new job has a lot more responsibility and more hours...am I up tot he challenge?
  • The new boss's boss has a mean grudge against denim and capris and the whole notion of casual Friday. I have nothing to wear. I've been shopping non-stop since I found out about the position and I still have nothing to wear (says the lady with an overflowing closet). But really, I have nothing to wear.
  • Dress shoes worn with work clothes hurt....a lot. Four new pairs of shoes and every one of them is a torture device of epic proportion.
  • They don't make pants for fat, petite girls with no waist.
  • My co-workers seem happy for me, but are they really? Which ones of them also applied for the new position?
  • I hate keeping secrets. I'm so relieved to finally be able to tell my boss and co-workers about this job. 8 interviews in 2 weeks is really hard to cover for.
  • DPG (Dominant Personality Guy) acted weird through the whole interview. He asked me if I planned to apply and when I told him yes he encouraged me and asked for daily updates on the interview process. Yet, rumor has it, he also applied. Why would he goat me into telling him all about the painful interview process and never mention that he was going through the same process? Maybe the rumors aren't true. I think it's pretty sneaky if they are. Doesn't really matter, I suppose.

No comments: