Friday, September 14, 2007

New Baby Sweater

I finally finished knitting the baby sweater I've been working on for months. Thank goodness because the baby is due in the next week! I think I re-knitted this thing a dozen times to get it right. It still has a few issued. The first problem is that I knitted the newborn size (seemed appropriate for a newborn baby, right?). However, it seems extremely small. Baby may only be able to wear it for about 4 days, if at all. Maybe I've just forgotten how small newborns though. The second problem is that I seem to have gotten 2 different dye lots of yarn. It's my own fault for not checking, but I did buy it at the same place at the same time. Anyway, the back has a spot that looks like it's been faded. I don't think it's too noticeable and it is on the back. Other than those two things, the sweater is perfect though. I tried knitting booties to match, but the weight of yarn is too big and the first bootie came out big enough for CT to wear! In fact, I'm threatening to make him a very special pair for Christmas. So, I gave up on that idea. Besides, another friend of mine is sewing a jumper to match so we can give it to the proud parents together.

Well, without further ado, I give you Baby Sweater a la Kelly:


Front

These photos don't do the color justice. It's a bright yellow with lime green trim. As you may have noticed, I don't like traditional baby colors.


Back


Technorati Tags:
, , , , ,

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What a cute sweater. I just got word I'm a new auntie to a little girl we will probably continue to call "Precious," as we have throughout my s-i-l's pregnancy. Did you make up the pattern yourself? Sounds like you know it by heart by all the "do overs" you attempted. It was worth each and every one of them.