Monday, March 22, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter....

We haven't seen a squirrel in Honduras yet, so this one got our attention this morning. You can imagine our surprise when it started running up PK's pant leg crawling all over us like we were his own personal pine trees! He even gave us little kisses!









It turns out a little girl from the village brought her pet squirrel with her when she came to get water. He got scared by a dog and raced up into a tree. Luckily, the little girl's uncle works here at the school and recognized the little guy. He was returned to his owner....after we all took a turn cuddling him!

OK, I guess this is where I offer my sincere apologies for the merciless teasing I hurled at Mom (a.k.a. Crazy Squirrel Lady). You were right...he's not just a little rat with a fluffy tail...and I promise to stop trying to target the squirrels as roadkill. Happy? I'm now as nuts as you are!

No comments: