Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's All Worth It

This has been a challenging seven months for us, but not in the ways we expected. The language barrier really hasn't prevented us from building relationships with the boys and it's been really hot but we haven't melted. I think we have been most surprised that the things we thought we would struggle with have been relatively easy and the issues we thought were limited to our corporate jobs are alive and well in the ministry field. Sometimes it's been disppointing and sometimes we've questioned our choice to come to Honduras. In the end, though, we know that we love these kids and every time they make me smile or cry and every night when I pray for them right along with my prayers for my own child, I am reminded that they have given us so much more than we could have ever hoped to offer them. The boys are part of our family and every one of the pains, heartaches and mosquito bites have been worth it.

No comments: