Tuesday, October 26, 2010

A Testimony of Love

Tonight we had a church service in which each of the students and staff was encouraged to stand and give a testimony and thank God for this year at El Sembrador. I was a wreck by the time it was over, but thankfully I wasn't the only one. Justo and Darwin couldn't even get through their time because their tears flowed so heavily. It made my heart leap when so many of them thanked us by name. But I was most proud that EVERY one of them thanked the Lord. Some people got bored because the service went so long, but I could've listened to them all night. I am so grateful for the time I've been given with them and so distraught at the thought of not seeing them again. They have changed my life forever and I will never forget these moments that we've shared.

This year, I have told each student that they are my favorite. And every time I meant it. I know it's strange, but I love them each the best. They are all so different and so much a part of this very special place in my heart. So, when it was my turn, I reminded them how much I love them and that their Heavenly Father loves them so much more. I hope that they felt that love this year. I hope they know that it breaks my heart to leave them, but that God never will. If I  was able to teach them that, then this whole year will have been worthwhile. I ended by reminding them that they are my favorites...in perfect Spanish.

No comments: